Rhydypenau Primary School and NurseryYsgol Gynradd Rhydypenau a Feithrin

Aiming HighANelu’n Uchel

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I register my child for admission at the school?
County Hall is our admitting body.  All admissions are dealt with through the County Admissions Department.  Please contact them direct for any information regarding admissions. 

Admissions to Nursery/Foundation Phase or Key Stage 2 - 029 20 872909.


What before and after school care does Rhydypenau provide?
The school offers before and after school care in the form of Stepping Stones.  The club is run by Stepping Stones who allocate places and run the Club.  The Club provides places for children from Reception to Year 6.  For more details please visit where you will find the information your need to register your child, and where you will see details of some of the things that go on at the club.    


How can I find out what my child will be learning this year?

Each class has their own seesaw account. Your child's class teacher will give you a barcode at the start of each year to access your child's account.  This is also used for direct messaging from your child's teacher.


What are the school houses and how do I know what house my child is in?

There are four houses in the school, each with its own house colour:

Harlech - red
Conwy - yellow
Penfro - blue
Raglan - green
Children are put into houses on a random basis when they start reception.  If children have older siblings they are put into the same house.  If your child is not sure which house they are in ask their class teacher.   

Does the school provide music lessons?  How can I arrange music lessons for my child?
We are very proud of the standard of music, and other creative arts, at the school.  For more information on music

What clubs does the school offer, out of hours?
Rhydypenau offers a wide range of clubs and out of hours learning.  

When will I be able to meet with my class teacher?
The school arranges two parental consultation evenings a year.  The first in usually held early in the Autumn term and the second during the spring term.  The dates for upcoming consultations will be published in the termly newsletters and are also in the website calendar.  If you wish to see your child's teacher outside of these times please contact them via the school administrator.

When can I discuss any issues I have with the headteacher?
Mrs Hammond has an open-door policy however at busy times it may be necessary to telephone the school to make an appointment.   


What kit does my child need for PE?

Black PE shorts/ leggings
White t-shirt/ polo shirt
Shorts/PE skirt/ leggings
Lightweight sweatshirt/ training top
Lightweight waterproof jacket
Jogging bottoms
Sweatshirt/ Hoody/ Training top
Lightweight waterproof jacket

It is school policy to ask all children to remove any jewellery before they begin PE.  Children with long hair will need to tie it back securely.

Does the school have a school uniform?
Yes, the school uniform was designed by children in 1990.  It consists of;
Navy blue skirt/ trousers/ shorts.
Navy blue sweatshirt/ cardigan with the school badge.
Jade polo shirt with the school badge.
Checked blue or jade summer dress.
Black shoes/ trainers.

Where can I buy school uniform?
School uniform can be purchased from YC Sports, Crwys Road, Telephone:  2023 7698 or it can be ordered online via their website.