Personal, social, cultural diversity and well being:
- Children will learn and develop their skills through the following areas:
- To converse with each other, develop good relationships and play co-operatively
- Develp listening and attention skills
- To become independent in their personal needs
- Develop curiosity, responding to ideas and questions enthusiastically
- Be aware and respect the needs of others
Language, literacy and communication
- Develop their early language skills: speaking clearly and confidently and understanding basic language concepts.
- Experience a range of books through stories and games and develop book handling skills.
- Develop an understanding of writing through a range of opportunities for mark making
- Be introduces to sounds in words (phonological awarenes.)
Welsh language development
- Develop an interest in number, shape and size through a range of songs, games and activities
- Experience the purpose of money through transactional role-ply (shopping!)
- Develop mathematical language
- Sort and classify objects through a range of different criteria
Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Be introduces to a range of greeetings and common phrases through songs, stories and the use of incidental Welsh
- To experience the familiar world through investigating the indoor and outdoor environmentby exploring anxperimenting
- Find out how and why things work or happen, wondering... what if?
- Learn about their locality, their bodies and timelines of events.
Explore and experiment with a variety of techniques and materials, making independent choices about materials they use
- Through a range of indoor and outdoor activities develop their gross and fine motor skills, co-ordination and confidence
- Develop an understanding of how their bodies work and how to use the space around them
Explore sounds and create their own music
Develop their own responses to a range of stimuli through art, music and dance